Before converting flac files into mp3 first we have to know what flac files are!
What is FLAC? – Here, FLAC means ‘Free Lose less Audio Codec’. It’s a file extension, which is used to store your audio files without compromising with its quality, as it is already clear from the name lose less audio files.
But the problem with flac files is that, it consumes a large amount of space on hard drive; due to this reason most people prefer to convert their flac file into mp3 files, by doing this these files consumes less storage space.
In fact, now days only a hand full of them currently supports flac files.
So, it is necessary to convert flac files into mp3 in order to make these files compatible with all media players.
Some popular software that can be included in this category are; audacity, free make audio converter, Polysoft’s free flac into mp3 converter, media coder, etc.
How to Convert .flac files into .mp3 in Mac OS X
This is for those who users of Mac and want to convert their bunch of flac files into mp3.
- Download and Install software AlltoMp3, which is a free flac to mp3 converter for mac osx.
- Once the installation is complete; you have to launch this software. For this just right click on the icon of the software and then click ‘Open’ button.
- Afterwards, open another pop up window from where you select the flac files which you want to convert into mp3 format.
- Drag the .desired .flac file from finder window into the AlltoMp3 window, then click on ‘Add’ button.
- A slider appears on your window, helps you to determine the quality of your output audio files. You can decide the quality of converted files, as per your choice.
- Now, click on the ‘Convert’ button and waits until all the selected files are converted into mp3 format.
How to Convert .flac to mp3 in Windows
Those who are using windows operating system, for you there are also some compatible as well as free software are available easily; some of them are PolySoft’s Free Flac to mp3 converter, Aimersoft Free Flac to Mp3Converter, etc.
Given below is the stepwise procedure to convert flac files in to mp3 using Aimersoft Free Flac to Mp3 convertor not only it converts into mp3 format but also into mp4,ACC, AIFF and more.
- First of all Download and Install Flac to Mp3 Converter. After this launch this software in your windows based operating system.
- Following the above step, next you have to select the files which you want to convert into mp3. You can select the files by simply dragging and dropping the files from the finder window into the main screen of the converter or by clicking ‘Add Files’ button and then add the desired files.
- After selecting the desired file just specify the output folder and destination format. Here you are suggested to choose mp3 audio format from the Output Format menu. There are also some other options are available like audio encoder, bit rate, channel, etc. in the ‘Settings’ option present at the bottom of the screen. Adjust the given options as per your needs.
- Finally, when everything is done. click on ‘Convert’ option, wait for a few minutes until all selected files get converted into the mp3 format in your designated output folder.
Converting .flac file into .mp3 in Linux
‘Sound Converter’ is very cool converter for gnome or linux users, which is free and licensed under GPL. Sound converter is one of the famous tool among ubuntu, gnome or linux users for conversion purpose..
- Download and Install the Sound Converter. When installation is done, launch this software.
- Go to the ‘Preferences’ . Now, select the output folder, that means folder where you want to save your converted audio files.
- Now, click on the ‘Choose’ button. Under the section, output format column fill ‘mp3’ (because we want to convert these flac files into mp3 format).
- Afterwards, select the desired quality of the output file, as per your requirement.
- You can add more file or files, and even folder by clicking on ‘Add Files’ or ‘Add Folder’ from the main window.
- In the end, click on the ‘Convert’ button and wait until conversion is done!