Want to enjoy your favorite music or seeking perfect movie watching or gaming experience? The Best surround sound headphones can fulfill all these desires.
You might be wondering what makes surround sound headsets different from regular headphones? No worries, we have an answer to this question.
The Regular headphones can deliver you good sound quality, but Surround sound headphones provide you professional sound quality and enhance your sound listening experience. It provides you very detailed, natural and rich sound quality. Due to this reason users feels themselves part of the music they listen, the games they are playing or the movie they are watching.
Surround Sound Headsets can be used for any purpose, but are popular among gamers. The things which you fail to see on the screen can be heard.
On the other hand, movie watchers and music lovers also use the pair of amazing 7.1 surround sound quality.
There are lots of Surround Sound Headphones available which you can buy, but not all of them are best. We don’t want our users to waste their hard earned money on those crap headphones, which fail to provide the amazing sound quality expected by the users.
By keeping this thing in our mind, we decided to cover a list of the Best Surround Sound Headphones (and yes, most of them are wireless) worth trying:
So here goes the first one in the list:
If you’re a gamer, then Logitech G430 is your call. Nowadays, the gaming world is all about multiplayer online games.
Whether you’re a professional gamer, or you just joined the gaming world a few months ago, you must have a quality headset if you really want to enjoy and enrich your gaming experience.
One of the affordable headsets which you can use for gaming is a Logitech G430.
Features of Logitech G430
- ON Cable Controls gives you the power to control the sound from the hands
- With Dolby Headphone 7.1 surround sound, feel the sound coming from all possible fields and hear the things in the game which you can’t see.
- Earcups of the headset are designed by keeping your comfort in the mind. They rotate from lay flat to 90 degrees
- The ear pads of this headset are covered with soft cloth that provides you soft-tough comfort, even if you use the headset for hours.
- The complete headset is very light weight and slim, so that you can completely concentrate on the game and not on the headset.
- The noise canceling mic feature helps in cutting all the background noise so that you can hear and listen loud
Technical Specification (Headphone)
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20KHz
- Sensitivity: 90dB SPL/mW
- Impedance: 32 Ohms
- Driver: 40 mm (1.6 in)
What you will get in the package:
- Logitech G430 Headset
- USB Adapter
- User Manual
If you’re a movie lover, then you know very well the importance of the sound while watching a movie. To enjoy the movie, your headset must deliver your high quality and clear sound.
There are lots of headsets available on the internet that assure you this thing, but the Sony DS6500 is best Surround Sound headset for watching a movie.
The reason which makes this headset, special is its amazing features. Why don’t you check all of them:
Features of Sony DS6500
- Enjoy the cinematic sound experience (7.1 ch virtual surround sound) using this wireless headset right at your home. It will give you the feeling that you have installed seven speakers in your home.
- You can select between game, movie and voice modes.
- Enjoy the atmospheric echoes and thunderous bass with precision.
- Grab all the entertainment in high-quality surround sound. You can connect from your DVD player, TV, PlayStations, and, Blu-ray Disc player.
- Comes with stylish charging dock which look awesome on a side table or any bookshelf.
- Enjoy battery life up to 20 hours while watching movies and playing games.
- The headset has a wireless range of 10m, that means you can hear the music from almost every room.
- Automatically tuning provides you the excellent digital signal
Specifications of Sony DS6500 Headset
- Frequency response: 6-25,000 KHz
- Impedance: 66 Ohms
- Driver: 40 mm
What is in the Package
- Optical cord
- AA battery
- AC adaptor
- Processor DP-RF6500
- Battery charging stand
Want to enjoy the television and music to the fullest? Try Sennheiser RS 175 Wireless Headphones. It offers you amazing features in a compact package.
Surround sound and bass boost mode will enrich the sound quality of your home entertainment system. It comes with a user-friendly design that is easy to setup.
Features of Sennheiser RS 175 Wireless Headphones
The features which made this wireless headphone popular among users are listed below:
- Delivers you the best digital wireless audio transmission
- Amazing digital auto clarity and provides you a transmission range of 100m/328ft
- Provides you different listening modes likes bass boost and virtual surround sound. You can easily switch between them.
- Support digital audio and analog inputs
- Easy to use controls
- Comes with Multipurpose Transmitter and Multi-Receiver transmission
- The headset is designed by keeping your comfort in the mind.
Specification of Sennheiser RS 175
- Frequency response: 17 – 22,000 Hz
- Max. Sound pressure level: 114 dB at 1kHz, 3%
- THD, total harmonic distortion: <0.5 % at 1 kHz, 100 dB SPL
- Weight: 310 g (incl. Batteries)
- Operating time: up to 18 hrs
- Power consumption: ≤ 0.3 W (standby)
- Audio input: 1 x 3.5 mm stereo, 1 x optical digital
- Range: Up to 100 m
- Signal-to-noise ratio: Digital input: > 90 dBA
- Signal-to-noise ratio: Analog input: type 85 dBA at 1 Vrms
- Carrier frequencies: 2.4 – 2.48 GHz
- Modulation: 8-FSK Digital
What You Will Find in the Box
- HDR 175 headphones
- Optical cable
- Power supply with 4 adapters (UK, EU, US, & AU)
- TR 175 transmitter
- Audio cable
- 2 AAA NiMH rechargeable batteries
- Quick installation guide and Instruction manual CD
Asus Strix 7.1 is another surround sound gaming headset with ten discrete magnet-neodymium drivers accompanied with a plug and play USB sound or audio station.
Strix 7.1 provides you amazing audio experience with immersive and punchy sound. Even footstep and gunshot is reproduced with stunning clarity and perfect positioning.
No doubt, Asus Strix 7.1 is very popular among gamers, but you can also use it for listening music. It’s a fine tune stereo mode delivers you the sound quality which other dedicated headsets available in the market fails to provide.
Features of Asus Strix 7.1
It comes with lots of useful features. Why don’t you check out all of them:
- True 7.1 surround sound gives a feeling that you’re on the actual battlefield.
- Use Plug and play USB audio station, which works like a USB sound card with in-game audio controls.
- Delivers your breathing and static lighting effect, so that you can also reveal your gaming style in the dark.
- The headset comes with 90% environmental noise cancellation so that you can totally concentrate on the game.
- Four games-audio spectrum profiles.
- It comes with protein leather cushions so that you can enjoy your gaming sessions for a long time.
- The Ear cups are travel-friendly that means you can enjoy gaming anywhere.
Specification of Asus Strix 7.1
- Impedance: 32 Ohm ± % @ Hz
- Frequency Response (headphones): 20 ~ 20000 Hz
- Frequency Response: Microphone Boom : 50 ~ 16000 Hz
- Sensitivity: Microphone Boom: -40 dB
In the Box you’ll get..
- USB cable
- Detachable microphone
- USB audio station
- Quick start guide
- HDMI-to-3.5mm speaker splitter cable
HyperX Cloud II Headset is a surround sound and gaming headset, which is very popular among music lovers and gamers.
What makes this headset different from another is its USB sound card audio control box which amplifies voice and audio for providing an amazing gaming experience. So can hear all the things which you have been missing.
It’s free microphone and audio volume control help in adjusting not only the sound volume, but it also lets you control the volume of the mic. There is also some other feature of this headset, which you must love to read:
Features of HyperX Cloud II Headset
- Hi-fi USB audio control box with preinstalled DSP sound card.
- 53mm drivers capable of providing you supreme audio quality.
- Virtual 7.1 surround sound for adding more value to your gaming experience.
- Designed by keeping your comfort in the mind. It comes with leatherette and memory foam on the headband.
- Comes with amazing noise cancellation features that helps you to completely focus on the game.
- Comes with USB connectivity which is compatible with Mac & PC. The Stereo is compatible with Xbox One, PS4, and mobiles.
Specification of the HyperX Cloud II Headset
- Frequency response: 15Hz–25,000 Hz
- Nominal SPL: 98±3dB
- Transducer type: dynamic Ø 53mm with neodynium magnets
- Nominal impedance: 60 Ω per system
- Power handling capacity: 150mW
- T.H.D.: < 2%
- Headband pressure: 5N
- Ambient noise attenuation: approx. 20 dBa
- Current consumption: max 0.5 mA
- Supply voltage: 2V
- Nominal impedance: ≤2.2 kΩ
- Frequency response: 50–18,000 Hz
- Open circuit voltage: at f = 1 kHz: 20 mV / Pa
- Max. SPL: 105dB SPL (THD≤1.0% at 1 KHz)
- THD: 2% at f = 1 kHz
- Microphone output: -39±3dB
Gun Metal, Pink, and Red
It is another surround sound headset, which we can’t miss to include in our list. Turtle Beach Elite 800 is dedicated to all the music lovers, movie watchers and off course gamers. The headset is bundled with all the vital feature which a perfect surround sound headset must have.
Features of Turtle Beach Elite 800
- It has the active noise cancellation feature.
- 7.1-channel surround sound that pumps sound directly into your brain
- Wireless headphone with rich memory-foam ear cups
- Improved DTS Surround Sound Modes and Presets
- Dynamic chats boost helps in listening all the commands if there is too much noise in your surroundings.
- Magnetic charging stand that keeps your headset fully charged without cables
Turtle Beach Elite 800 cost around $300. In case, this headset is out of your budget? No worries, they have a cheap variant named as the Turtle Beach Stealth 500 which cost around $100.
The dimensions and features of both the headsets are similar, except a few. The battery life of the Elite 800 is 10 hours while the Stealth 500p has a battery life of 15 hours.
Mobile device connection type in Elite 800 is Bluetooth while Stealth 500p have 3.5mm stereo jack.
Elite 800 shutdown automatically when placed on the charging stand, while in the case of Stealth 500p it took around 10 minutes after no signal.
In the package box, Elite 800 will get Transmitter Stand which is missing in the case of Stealth 500p.
Conclusion- These are some of the best and affordable surround sound headsets which really pay back your money if you purchase one.
In our opinion, you must give a try to Logitech G430 Surround Sound Gaming Headset. Rest it up to you which one you want to buy according to your budget and requirement.
Let us know which one you want to buy and why? Also, share with us the name of any good surround sound headset, which we forget to mention in the list.